About Mediven Medical Compression Stockings
The first signs of a venous disorder are harmless. In the evenings the legs ache and the feet are swollen. Many people who work sitting or standing know this feeling. Then they discover the first varicose vein...
A "varicose vein" is an unhealthy vein. The vein has been under undue stress for too long (e.g. sitting or standing too long, lack of physical exercise): It reacts to the stress by dilating. This prevents the venous valves closing properly. The old, used blood can now only flow back to the heart slowly, if at all (blood pooling).
Many millions of people worldwide have some degree of venous disorder. The consequences if untreated can lead to varicose veins and even to deep vein thrombosis.
Compressionhas a name - mediven
For your own safety, a short question about the health of your veins can do no harm next time you visit your family doctor. Specialists, too, (e.g. phlebologists) or your medical dealer can also give you precise, professional advice.
Modern compression stockings lend your veins support. These stockings are carefully selected to fit you, and exert gentle compression. Wearing these stocking regularly prevents further deterioration. Because compression stockings have been proven to be medically effective, your doctor will give you a prescription if necessary.
EleganceThe attractive aspect of compression therapy: Mediven Elegance
The sheer, transparent compression stocking with its unique soft, hugging fit. Combines medical efficacy with an attractive appearance, and is very comfortable to wear.
mediven elegance: A compression stocking that is setting standards.
Indications: e.g. for early, minor to moderate venous disorders, during pregnancy, or more severe symptoms, swelling and after vein surgery.
Mediven Related Articles and Links:
- About Mediven Compression Stocking
- Mediven Product Catalog
- Medical Compression Stockings product Catalog
- Mediven Elegance fitting instruction
- Mediven Compression Classes and Indications of use
- Mediven Travel Socks Sizechart
- Mediven Elegance Sizechart in cm
- Mediven Elegance Sizechart in Inches
Article LinksSee other medical related articles:
- About Futuro: Support Hosiery
- About Mediven Compression Stockings
- About T.E.D. Anti-embolism Stockings
- Compression Classes for Graduated Compression Hosiery
- Prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Skin Breakdown and TED Stockings
- Taking good care of your legs
- TED Stockings: Proven DVT reduction through published peer reviewed clinical studies
- Tips and Tricks for Healthy Legs
- Veins of the Leg
- When a blood clot forms in the leg ... (.jpg, 119Kb) The Sunday Times, 30 December 2001
- CE Marking (European Medical Device Directive 93/42/CEE)