Lycra® 3DEdited by Larry Chang, Newlook Marketing, 30-April-2003.
DuPont brand for hosiery garments that contain Lycra® in every course. Tri-dimensional elasticity for a truly skin hugging perfect fit and yields exceptional fit and a smooth appearance.
Lycra® 3D Standards
Quality specifications and standards for LYCRA® 3D.
The LYCRA® 3D certification mark may be used if all the following conditions are met:
- The hosiery must contain LYCRA® brand fiber in the leg and panty.
- In the leg, each stitch must contain LYCRA® brand stretch fiber on all four sides of the stitch. The panty must be constructed with at least as much compressive force as the leg, using a minimum of LYCRA® stretch fiber in every other course.
- To maximize comfort, the garment should be constructed so that no LYCRA® fiber comes in contact with the skin. The companion yarn should be sufficiently fine to guarantee a soft hand.
- Durability must exceed that of a typical alternate course sheer garment with LYCRA® brand fiber, measured by diagnostic durability tests.
- The recommended companion yarn is DuPont Nylon in the denier filament count or luster required.
- Garments must have a ring-free uniform appearance.
- The LYCRA® 3D logo should appear on the package and must be legible and readable for the intended purchaser.
Related products: See Hosiery made with Lycra® 3D.